Position: Lab Technician
Department: Extraction Team
Location: Pickering Facility
Reports To: Extraction Manager
Shift/Weekend Some shift work and weekends may be possible
Travel Required: n/a
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the Extraction Manager, the Lab Technician will be responsible for reclaiming solvents, purifying, distilling and isolating the crude oil into purified Cannabis products as part of the Extraction Team. We are looking for an experienced Lab Technician who ideally has experience in winterization and distillation.
- Processes raw Cannabis products into purified Cannabis products through solvent reclamation, purification, distillation, refinement and isolation.
- Identifies and notifies the Extraction Manager of any issues during refinement, purification, crystallization, and distillation that deviate from the norm or can interfere with product quality
- Ensures the effective execution of processing tasks within established company policy, procedure and requirements related to safety, quality, and compliance (SLP, SOP, GDP)
- Meticulous in maintaining high-quality lab documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and SOPs
- Daily housekeeping tasks in each processing room and common space, ensuring proper disposal of all waste and hazardous chemical waste
- As the company expands, assist with the education and guidance of new staff in lab protocols, SWP, SJP and overall safety awareness.
- Routinely interfaces directly with cross-functional teams
- Perform calibration and maintenance on laboratory instruments as required
- Monitor use and inventories of chemicals and supplies, ensuring appropriate supply levels
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Preference will be given to candidates with winterization and distillation experience
- 2 years of laboratory experience or equivalent work experience
- Displays a working knowledge of lab techniques, terminology, equipment and materials
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with multiple internal departments
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Shows a strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel or MS Office is required.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multi-task efficiently
- Must obtain a satisfactory background check
Working Environment, Physical condition and capabilities
- Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods (i.e., trimming plants, weighing product, and regular inventory) while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to lift 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- Exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies.
- May be noisy at times and temperate,
- Exposure to dust, fine particles, gasses under pressure and flammable materials.
How to Apply:
Please send resume with cover letter outlining how you meet our specific requirements for the position and send to email@example.com. We wish to thank all applicants for their application. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Please note, as we are highly regulated industry, the selected candidate may be required to submit to any special requirements, e.g. criminal records check Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a science-related field or equivalent required